Cooling off when the temps heat up
BY: KRIS BEASLEY
When the temperature hits 100 degrees, nothing can cool you off like a frozen drink! And what better time to whip up a tropical treat, than when fresh produce is readily available. Each of these tasty concoctions can be made with or without alcohol. All you need is a blender! If you make one of our suggestions, snap a picture and post it on our FB page! Enjoy!
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 2 TB triple sec
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1-2 TB agave syrupPlace all the ingredients in a blender pitcher. Before adding ice to the pitcher, be sure it is broken up into small pieces. Then pour on top of the ingredients (about half way). Rub the rim of your glass with agave syrup and dip in salt or sugar. Blend margarita’s until smooth and pour in prepared glass. Garnish with lime wedge. Makes two cocktails.
- 1 can Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Mix (I like Barcardi brand)
- 4-5 Fresh or Frozen Strawberries (if you use fresh..freeze them first)
- 1/2 of a banana – FROZEN
- I cup Coconut Rum• IcePut the daiquiri mix, frozen strawberries, frozen banana and rum in the blender pitch- er. Fill the pitcher up the rest of the way with ice and blend until smooth and creamy. Garnish with a fresh strawberry or mint leaf. Makes four cocktails.
THE CLASSIC PINA COLADA
• 3-4 oz light run (optional)
• 2 cups of fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
• 4 oz of Cream of Coconut
• 1-2 cups of ice
In a blender combine: rum, cream of coconut, pineapple chunks and ice. Blend until smooth. Divide between two glass- es. Garnish with a cherry and pineapple chunk. Makes two cocktails.
LEMONADE PEACH BOMBS
- 1 pound (about 3 cups) fresh or frozen sliced peaches
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1/4 cup vodka (plain, citrus or peach)
- 1 TB fresh squeezed lemon juiceFill a blender pitcher with the peaches, sugar, lemonade, vodka and lemon juice. If you are using fresh peaches, add about 2 cups of ice. Blend until smooth. Garnish with a lemon or peach slice. Makes four cocktails.